Shout!


e diel, 17 qershor 2007

Bubbles Paraiso




Cover girl Bubbles Paraiso didn't arrive chauffeur-driven (or worse, boyfriend-driven) at photographer Gammy Parazo's studio in a plain-jane four-door sedan with a wimpy automatic transmission. Instead, she came in a bright red stickshift- equipped SUV, she parked (with the left wheels on the sidewalk to leave space for the narrow street, natch!) - and she conquered.

The vehicle in question is the diminutive Suzuki Jimny. It may look cutesy but its rugged separate ladder chassis (as opposed to most car-based sport-cutes' unibody designs) and part-time four-wheel-drive (the type that hard-core off-roaders prefer) make it one of the most capable off-roading vehicles on the planet.

Which pretty much applies to our cover girl as well. Chatting with her, we found out just what a tough girl lurks behind the soft features and bubbly personality. Tennis, wall-climbing, kick-boxing, basketball, etc., etc. are just some of the physical exploits that this young 21-year-old has experienced (or should we say, endured?). Read on and learn more about Bubbles in this engaging tête-à-tête.

Who is Bubbles Paraiso?
I'm simple but complicated. I'm such a contradiction of myself that people tend to misinterpret me. I'm a girly-girl one-of-the-boys - a bit kikay yet a cowgirl at heart. I love dressing up when going out, but I'd trade in my stilettos for sneakers or slippers anytime! I'm a shopaholic, chocoholic and peanut butter addict. Oh, and an ovo-lacto vegetarian. But I'm in the process of turning pescotarian already. (big smile)





Now that we got that personality quirk of yours out of the way, how did you get started in modeling?
I started modeling in the summer of 2001, when Ariel Lozada saw me with my brother (who was already modeling then). He asked my brother to bring me to their rehearsals and then introduced me to some people who got me my first modeling job. But since I was still in high school at that time, I couldn't really get into the modeling industry 'coz it's not allowed in school. So although I still modeled a bit, it was all done patakas. So a week after my high school graduation, I shot my first commercial and was taken in by the PMAP (Professional Models Association of the Philippines). After that, work just poured in. (big smile)

Projects-wise, what have you been up to lately?
I currently have two ad campaigns - one for an alcoholic beverage and the other for a deo-cologne for men.

What's your favorite fashion accessory?
Earrings! The bigger, the better.

What personal tech toy can't you live without?
Oooooh a lot! I can't live without my laptop, cellphone, my iPod, digicam and Pocket PC! I'm such a tech freak!

What particular tech toy, not yet in your possession, would you like to get your hands on?
Portable iPod speakers and portable DVD player! Hehehe…

Couch potato or Internet surfer?
A mix of both. When I'm online I just usually check my email at Yahoo, chat at YM with my friends, write on my blog, or go blog-hopping.

Do you have a personal website?
Nope, just a blog.

Are you into computer/PS2 games?
Yeah, but I don't get to play as much nowadays. I love Need for Speed!! (laughs)




Images:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

0 Comments: